The City continues to have one of the lowest tax rates in Texas. We started at $.25 per $100 valuation in 1988. The tax rate is set, by Ordinance, annually by the City Council in September of each year.
The City contracts with the Kendall Appraisal District for the collection of city property taxes. Currently, the City offers early payment discounts of property taxes ranging from 3% to 1%. City tax statements are mailed in October of each year and become delinquent the first day of February of the following tax year.
The following tax exemptions are currently offered for Fair Oaks Ranch property owners on their property taxes:
- $5,000 Homestead
- $20,000 Over 65 years old
- Disabled Veterans – as required by law
The City of Fair Oaks Ranch lies within three counties - Bexar, Comal and Kendall. By law, appraisals are conducted by the county where the property is physically located. To obtain information on your property contact the appropriate district:
- 1% for placement in the General Fund to be used for any lawful purpose
- .25% for maintenance and repair of municipal streets (must be voted on every 4 years)
- .25% to be used to reduce the property tax rate
Information on sales tax can be found on the Texas State Comptroller's website.