The Finance Office is committed to ensuring and maintaining the financial integrity and stability of the City and to prepare for future growth by providing leadership and direction to the City departments.
Scope of Services Summary
The Finance Department is responsible for financial operations, financial reporting, accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, financial planning, internal controls, procurement, and debt management. This office, working closely with other City departments, also develops the annual General Fund Budget, Utility Fund Budget, and Strategic Action Plan. Further, the Finance Office is responsible for all cash management and investments.
The Finance Director is designated as the City's Investment Officer and serves as the City liaison to the Municipal Development District.
- Received the GFOA Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting on the City's 2020-21 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the 5th year in a row.
- Received the GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the 3rd year in a row, on the City's 2021-22 Budget Document.
- Continued the process of implementing internal controls throughout all City Departments.
- Developed a new procurement policy for the City
- Continued development of the Strategic Plan