Licensing your dog is required by the City of Fair Oaks Ranch. There are fines for citizens with unlicensed dogs and cats. A dog and cat license it not only a requirement, it also provides the following benefits:
- It identifies and protects your dog and cat incase it becomes lost.
- It identifies that your dog or cat is not a stray.
- If your dog or cat is wearing a pet license and is picked up, Animal Control will be able to contact you.
- A license is proof that your dog or cat has been vaccinated against rabies.
- A citizen of Fair Oaks Ranch must acquire a pet license (per City Ordinance) for their pet; 30 days after obtaining a dog or cat over 4 months of age or older.
- If the dog or cat is spayed or neutered, proof must be provided. All dogs and cats must have their city tags or have a current working microchip provided when registering the pet.
Licenses must be updated when you move and/or when ownership of the dog or cat is transferred or the dog or cat is lost, stolen or deceased.
Annual Pet License Fees
- Owners must provide a current rabies certificate issued by a veterinarian when registering the pet(s) for the first time AND at each annual renewal.
- Licenses are valid for a one year period and shall begin with the rabies vaccination date.
- $5.00 for Spayed / Neutered
- $10.00 for Un-Spayed / Un-Neutered
Come by the Fair Oaks Ranch Police Department to purchase your tags. Administrative office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. For additional information, please feel free to call (210) 698-0990.