Failure to follow these guidelines will prompt the Court to remove the Defendant from the virtual courtroom until compliance is achieved.
- Everyone enters the virtual courtroom on mute. When it is your turn to be addressed the clerk will remove the mute feature.
- Proper clothing strictly enforced. Inappropriate attire will not be permitted. Dress code is the same as if you were appearing in-person in the courtroom.
- Avoid background noise - Ensure your environment in conducive to attend virtually.
- Avoid distractions - Turn off and put away any and all distractions so your full attention is given to the proceedings (i.e. texting, social media, driving)
- You’ll be discussing personal matters in open court so these proceedings are NOT to be recorded.
- Proper respect for the Court process shall be adhered to at all times.
- Request a trial by judge or jury. The Defendant must appear in person at the Fair Oaks Ranch Municipal Court located at 7286 Dietz Elkhorn, Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas 78015.
- Enter a plea of GUILTY or NO CONTEST. All pleas entered in open court are legal and binding, and defendants have the same rights and responsibilities as if the plea had been entered in open court. Defendants who plead guilty or no contest at the Court Appearance have the same opportunities for payment plans, compliance dismissals, driver safety course, or deferred disposition.
- Some case(s) may have a plea entered in which case you would only be speaking with the Judge.
- If Deferred Disposition is ordered, the Judge will give you a deadline to pay the applicable fee(s).
- If a Driving Safety Course is ordered, the Judge will give you a deadline to pay the applicable fee(s).
- Alternatives to Payments: If you are assessed fines and court costs as a result of this citation and you are unable to pay, bring this to the attention of the Judge.
PLEASE NOTE: While the Court will make every effort to handle your case(s), unfortunately that may not be possible in all circumstances.